Seico Insurance & Mortgages Complaints Procedure
Our Complaints Policy
We aim to provide a prompt and efficient response to all our clients’ insurance needs. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service we endeavor to ensure that the matter is investigated quickly and independently and to remedy any shortcomings as soon as possible.
Making A Complaint
You may make a complaint in writing (by facsimile, letter or email) or by telephone, in the first instance to your usual contact or to our Compliance Officer, as follows:-
by post: The Compliance Department, Seico Insurance & Mortgages Ltd, Goldstone Centre, 2 Goldstone Street, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 3RJ
by phone: 01273 778888
by fax: 01273 206565
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Handle Complaints
We decide whether your complaint should be dealt with by us or whether it should be directed to another party. If it should be re-directed, we will do this on your behalf within 5 business days and, by way of what will constitute our final response, tell you to whom it has been re-directed and why.
Otherwise, we will try and resolve your complaint by the end of the following business day. If this is not possible, your complaint will then be passed to one of our senior managers who is not involved in the matter or if appropriate, our Compliance Officer.
We Undertake To:-
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 5 working days
- investigate and respond to your complaint with a proposed solution, where appropriate, within 28 days of the date of your complaint; or
- within the same timescale if appropriate, write to you explaining the reasons why we need further time to investigate the matter you have raised
Our aim is to fully investigate your complaint and give you a final response within 8 weeks. Where this may not be possible, we will write to you with a detailed explanation of the reasons for any continuing delay.
If You Disagree With Our Proposals
We operate a two-tier internal complaints handling procedure. If you are dissatisfied with our final response, you may refer the matter to our Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Robert Starr at the address above or, using the following contact details:
Tel: 01273 778888
Fax: 01273 206565
The Financial Ombudsman’s Service
If you are dissatisfied with our response or if we cannot reach a conclusion within 8 weeks we will tell you how to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman’s Service (FOS) if you are eligible to take that course of action.
You are eligible if you:
- bought an insurance policy from us that was not connected with your trade or profession
- are a business which, at the time of complaint, has an annual turnover of less than £1,000,000
- a Charity which, at the time of complaint, has an annual turnover of less than £1,000,000
- a Trust that, at the time of the complaint, has a net asset value of less than £1,000,000
Once we have given you our final response, you are allowed 6 months from the date of our final response to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman’s Service
If We Do Not Hear From You
If we receive no reply to our final response to your complaint within 8 weeks of that response (whether or not it is from our Chief Executive Officer), we are entitled to, and will, treat your complaint as closed.
Learning From Our Clients’ Feedback
We strive to improve our service at all times. We will ensure that the lessons learnt from your feedback are incorporated into our internal monitoring systems to reduce the possibility of recurrence.